Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday challenge




I am home today because my daughter Grace is sick. I wanted to stay home from work and give her lots of TLC. We've had such a great day! I went to Inspire Me Thurday and did the challenge - for the first time ever. Not because it inspired me more than others would, but because I had the day off to PLAY.

The challenge (see it here: http://www.inspiremethursday.com/2008/11/20/albert-einstein/) was to pick a quote by Albert Einstein that inspires you. This one I could really relate to and agree with. 1 Thessalonians 4:10-11 says much the same thing, "...But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands..." -- work, play, keep your mouth shut. You learn that this is true, especially as you get older; at least I have.

Einstein described himself as an agnostic. I certainly don't share his beliefs about God, and I think it's rather comical that the same idea in his quote is found in Scripture.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sharon P Pope said...

I don't share Einstein's agnostic views either, but I really like your art and your comments about it. Sorry your daughter is sick, but glad you had a chance to play. :)

s.l.greek said...

i love the quote you choose. and the art piece is wonderful. well done!

joanieART said...

This is a fantastic project.

I LOVE Einstein's quote, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." I credit those words with many pivotal times in my life where I chose differently.

Tangled Stitch said...

I love the quote and your work is wonderful. It's great how the universe and wonderful messengers inspire us.

Anonymous said...

I like that quote too. Your creation looks fantastic!

namesconnie said...

Wow, what a great job you did. Thanks for sharing it. Sincerely, Connie

soulbrush said...

what a wonderful piece of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...