Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Sketchbook

Sorry if this post is too long, but I'm home today (Veteran's Day) - home alone! I'm taking this opportunity to update my blog and I have lots to share.




The last thing I "NEEDED" was a new sketchbook, but this one caught my eye during a trip to Barnes and Noble recently. The paper is very smooth and thick and the sheets are even perforated. It accepts pen and colored pencil very well.





This is a two-page spread in the new sketchbook, done in Prismacolor pencils. I took photos of Fiestaware at Tamarack in West Virginia http://www.tamarackwv.com/on our anniversary trip. These drawings were made from the picture on the computer screen as I haven't printed the pics yet.




Another sketch in the new sketchbook. Also done from a photo taken in my kitchen and displayed on the computer screen.





Speaking of colored pencils... this is my basketful of color! I just bought from http://www.dickblick.com/ the new colors of Prismacolors that I didn't have: China Blue (yum), Denim Blue, Caribbean Sea, Artichoke, Kelly Green, Sandbar Brown, Espresso, Moss Green, and Nectar. Below is a page in the sketchbook of swatches of color as I played with my new "toys"!










3 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, what a colored pencil collection! Love the sketch book, it's so whimsical. And that pepper looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering on how to best store my colored pencils and was browsing through your blog (over from EDM) and waaa laaa - there you have the solution for me! Sort by color! You have a wonderful blog!

Katy said...

I saw these at BN, and I almost bought one. I didn't think it would take a wash well, however. The cover is lovely.

Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. I'm refocusing now after being distracted for some weeks!

Blessings,
Katy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...