Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

More Saturday fun!

More of my Saturday art. This is a piece I started about a year ago and finally finished yesterday with the collage technique of the previous piece. It fit perfectly with this painting and was the right finish for it. The writing around the edge is a quote I found several years ago. I tore the house apart at about 11:30 last night trying to find this quote in one of my sketchbooks. I knew I had written it somewhere, but I had no clue where and I looked through every sketchbook I have and finally found it.

"The real joy of life is in its play. Play is anything we do for the joy and love of doing it, apart from any profit, compulsion, or sense of duty. It is the real living of life with the feeling of freedom and self-expression. Play is the business of childhood and its continuation in later years is the prolongation of youth." Walter Rauschenbusch

This painting has so many layers and mediums. Oil sticks, watercolor, acrylic, gel pen, words printed from computer, stitching, fabric collage, and the technique I want you to guess ---

The full size painting is 18 x 24 and the last three pictures show closeups of certain portions of it. FUN!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks as if there's some gesso there, to me.

Anonymous said...

I love your art work! I love to draw using pastels and charcoal. Although I am in psychology, I have an fine arts degree as well You have a great abstract artist eye. I look forward to showing you some of my work in the future.

Dr. Nikia Anderson
SWVTC

Ann said...

colored tissue paper?
Whatever it is these pieces are such fun!

Glitz Ink said...

i'm going to guess paper towels or dryer sheets that have been colored with ink. whatever it is, your piece is beautiful!!! : )

Timaree said...

I love this. Such a bright and happy piece.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Cousin Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Does look like tissue paper. Thank you for the invite to see your art, Deborah.
Never stop playing is a great motto, especially since I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Of course I don't plan on growing up until at least 90. Thanks for checking out my blog.
Love your artwork.

Jeanne
http://gammiebrat.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...