Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Saturday full of ART

Yesterday was the most awesome day! My creativity and inspiration was in high gear. I painted, collaged, and played from 12 noon until 12:30 a.m. Twelve hours of doing what I love! My daughter had a friend over and they painted and collaged with me for quite a bit of that time. I did the painting below. I want to see if you can guess what I did in the background. It's a technique I did for the first time yesterday and I can see myself going crazy with this, creating painting after painting. This is so much fun and has such a good effect! So does anybody know what I've used as collage in the background?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

Deborah, it looks like torn paper applied with a gel medium or washed with gesso. I can't think of anything exotic it might be, but it's lovely.

Ann said...

Torn wrapping paper? and then gel medium and or gesso

MaryO said...

How about paper towels?

Monette Satterfield said...

Paper Towels? The texture looks familiar.

Very Nice Work!

DALowe Artist said...

Answer: Watercolored coffee filters torn and collaged

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...