Pages

Saturday, June 07, 2008

ED in May "finish" at Holden Beach




# 23 and # 24 were completed before I left for the beach, and 25 and 26 were done on Holden Island. Bliss!
# 25 is the view one morning from our balcony. # 26 is the view from Betty's Waterfront Restaurant. It's a housetop and some trees done in a Design Ebony pencil, so it didn't show up well on the scan.

The weather all week was absolutely perfect. Hot and sunny every day. I did a collage to commemorate our trip which I hope to be posting soon. I had such a good time. We all three did. My daughter stayed in the pool through most of the week and loved every minute of it. My husband sat on the balcony, walked on the beach, and took very long naps. It was as if we swtiched roles - normally I'm the long napper. I was too exhilirated by the views and the chance to paint, paint, paint!

I picked up a book on Wednesday at a little bookshop on the mainland and it was the PERFECT beach read. Sharon Owens' The Tea House on Mulberry Street: http://www.amazon.com/Tea-House-Mulberry-Street/dp/0515139947/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212889244&sr=8-4.

We arrived home last night and I finished the book today. It was such a good read! Highly recommended, espeically for us women :-) I want all her books now.

We came home to newly installed central heat and air. What a great vacation!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

nice sketches...and the collages are great too...wish i was sitting under those umbrellas!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...