Pages

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My FIRST Moleskine!!!




I finally have a MOLESKINE! I am so excited! I purchased this at Barnes and Noble at around 10:30pm Thursday, June 29. Grace and I went to Winston and were hanging out at Barnes and Noble at this late hour! We had THE BEST time.

I've read so much about Moleskines, and now I have one. Wow! This, my first sketch, was done in the KFC drive-thru at lunch. I did the ink sketch and then added the watercolor later. This paper and the way it takes (or doesn't take) watercolor will certainly take some getting used to!

3 comments:

Nel Jansen said...

So you've joined the Moleskine ranks. Don't you feel just so rich painting in it? The paper is so thick and such a great color. Yuppers, it does take some time to get the watercolors happening, but this is really nice for a first painting. Good work!

Jan Allsopp said...

Looks great! Yes, the watercolour 'on' Moleskine thing... I keep forgetting and just doing it again - always disappointing. But I love this one of yours. Actually I frequently love the watercolours of the EDM's in their Moleskines.. I'll have to keep practising in mine!

Unknown said...

I got a watercolor moleskin, and it is a dream. The regular ones are great- I love that luscious cream color- but those ones work better with gouche, and I don't know what the heck I'm doin' with gouche! Good luck sorting out your new pocketsized piece of heaven :) I've really enjoyed looking through the colorful, fun pieces you've posted in your blog- thanks for dropping by mine- glad I could give you a chuckle!
Christeen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...