Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Zinnia Still Life


I did this today in my Aquabee sketchbook. I used Derwent Aquatone and Inktense pencils along with dry Prismacolors. There is something so special about zinnias - I suppose it's their intense colors - these in particular because I grew them myself. My very first flowers grown from seeds. I never want to be without a garden again! I wish I'd known; my what I have been missing. This sketch will be dear to my heart - one of the most special - because of the subject, and I like the way it turned out. The pitcher in the still life is a piece of pottery from my collection - I love brown pottery - Hull, McCoy, and this particular piece is Marcrest. It's a very happy arrangement. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Clare said...

Very, very nicely drawn, and my, how real the pottery jug looks!

Lin said...

GORGEOUS!! I LOVE those bright colors and the contrasting vase!! WELL DONE!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your zinnias! I too am attracted to the really intense colors of these flowers and you really achieved the beauty and intensity. The ceramic vase also has wonderful reflections/volumes. I too would cherish this sketch.

If you type http:// before your blog URL, we should be able to click on it directly. Now it needs to be retyped or cut/paste in order for you to get visitors.

Jennifer said...

Zinnias are so pretty! You did a great job of capturing them in your sketchbook.

Linda T said...

Wow, you really captured the brightness of the colors of your flowers. I like the highlights on the pottery, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...