Pages

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Aunt Margie's Watering Can with Ivy Plant 7/5/06



This little 5x7 drawing is done on Stonehenge printmaking paper using Prismacolor markers and Inktense pencils. This is my aunt's ceramic (porcelain) watering can. It was sitting on her dining room table this weekend, and I did a quick drawing with my Prismacolor marker right before I left to start home. Then today I added the background ivy and the foreground from my imagination. I colored it with Inktense pencils and a few touches of Yarka Professional watercolor in the yellow background behind the watering can and on the terra cotta pot.

I love the way it looks. I'm thinking I really need to have some of these small paintings printed on notecards. I sell the original, but then I'm sick, because I don't have it anymore. A print would solve that dilemma.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Deborah! So bold and colorful! Keep at the Inktenses--it'll be fun to see what develops ;D.

Anonymous said...

I really like the look ofAunt Margie's watering can. It looks so lively. The whole drawing and the bright colors make me smile. Jean

Nel Jansen said...

What a happy painting this is! I can definitely see your passion for colors here. It's just charming, and the composition is reaaly working well, cards is a grand idea. We all want one, or two or a dozen!

Lin said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL JOB!! I love this and all the images in your Moleskein (congrats!!) -- you're doing wonderfully!!!!! I can't wait to see more!! BRAVA!

Alison said...

what a sweet little watering can and a lovely rendition

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...