Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bargains! And Some Weekend Decorating

I'm finding many outlets for my creativity lately other than my usual two dimensional art.  This weekend was filled with yard sale and auction sale purchases and arranging cozy spaces in my home. The rocking chair below was $22.50 at an auction sale - it's beautiful, comfortable and solid wood. The little magazine/book stand beside it was from a prior auction sale. The small lamp was only a buck! I got two for $2.00!  By the way - the lamp is sitting on a monitor heater (eyesore). We now have central heat and air, so I covered the monitor with a pretty scarf of fabric I bought at a flea market or yard sale several years ago.
















My favorite, long awaited purchase is this corner bookshelf for my bedroom.  I had to pay $65 for it, but I have wanted a bookshelf forEVER and this one was absolutely perfect for this corner and so I kept bidding until I got it.  The rocking chair in front of the bookshelf was from a prior auction sale for $5!



 The shelf below was only $8 at a yard sale, and now holds almost all my art supplies and lets them be out and visible. I need that for inspiration. I got so tired of those plastic rolling carts with drawers. 1.) I couldn't see my supplies, and 2.) I was forever opening the wrong drawer, so I spent most of my art time opening and shutting those drawers looking for the right thing. Arrgh! But happily, problem solved for only $8.

And then there was this great unexpected purchase: I got two chairs just alike (pictured at right) for $1.00 each! The pair for $2.00. No one was bidding on them, so I thought why not! I love the pattern and colors on this and much to my delight they are extremely sturdy and comfortable!



I spent too much money, but I got all the things I've been wanting and thinking about, and at great prices!
I loved creating these cozy spaces throughout my home, and can't wait to enjoy them.  I can see me playing musical chairs not knowing which one I like best :-)

5 comments:

Tammy Freiborg said...

Fabulous treasures. Love the rocking chairs. And that craft shelf is perfect!!

Chris Flynn said...

Oh... auctions are so much FUN! I too have gotten carried away with a must-have. Your frustration with the drawers struck a familiar note! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Wow, I wanna go yard saling with you - you come across all sorts of good stuff! Crazy that nobody wanted two great chairs for a $1 each, isn't it?
I have to say that arranging the house the way I wanted it was one of the great benefits of being single. Enjoy your new stuff.

Trece said...

OMG, I love your work!! Have you taken class from Martha Lever? I think I see touches of her influence there. But oh, the JOY in your work!!

Timaree said...

You did get some bargains! I am much too impatient for bidding on things or rummaging through garage sales. You are really making your home your own!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...