Pages

Friday, May 06, 2011

Best Intentions



You know, sometimes our best intentions go awry. I was all excited about ED in May and after the first two days, my wrist gave out on me. See the computer keyboard...I've been a secretary and typed all day long for 23 years. So they say it's a pinched nerve. Maybe carpal tunnel? Not sure yet, but this brace must stay on for 2 weeks and then back to the doctor. Now all my hobbies except reading, involve the use of my right hand. I can barely write, and certainly not without pain, and as you can see from EDM 3 I tried below, I'm not quite as adept at drawing with the brace. It might have had something to do with motivation as well :-)

So in saying all that...



I was off to a brilliant start, but alas, I will bow out of the EDinMay challenge so as not to put undue pressure and guilt upon myself, not to mention pain. I will be reading everyone's posts and getting my dose of inspiration so that when the wrist improves I'll be back at it. Until then, blessings to everyone!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ann said...

Oh no! I hope you heel very fast so you can get back to all of your art! I totally understand skipping the EDiM challenge though. At first I thought I would join in too, but I now realize that I just shouldn't make those kind of commitments right now. And as I looked over your recent blog posts here I see that you gave me an award! Well don't I feel silly for not finding it sooner. Thank you for thinking of me! I'll have to give it some thought before I go posting it. Thanks! Oh, and happy Mother's day!

jill said...

What a shame about your hand, alas I have no such excuse to not blog except lack of time at the moment. If you get too bored not drawing you could always practice with your other hand, it may surprise you

Michelle said...

Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Timaree said...

I hope your hand feels better soon. I ended up wearing a brace only at night but had to use it for 9 years before I could get through a night with no pain waking me up. I could use it okay mostly during the day but nights, oh man, they bothered me a lot.

What about using your non-dominant hand? What practice you would get!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, I needed that. Sending prayers for a speedy healing for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...