Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

Sometimes It's Fun and Sometimes It's Tough -- Life at Work

Do I have fun at work, or what!
This is a little area in my office with a huge window on the right of the table. I can create art for events that we have on campus or for the individuals who live here. I have shared the work area with one or two of the individuals here, teaching them to paint and play and express themselves.

Below are cards for a Lions Club event tomorrow. What fun!



This is a journal page I did at lunch today in my Handbook Journal.



I used the Pelikan gouache set below. I HIGHLY recommend this set. It's available from Dick Blick http://www.dickblick.com.

I love the brightness of the colors and their opacity!



The Director here at the state facility where I work is transferring to another center in the state. I am his Administrative Assistant and work closely with him. He and I have a fantastic working relationship, and I am rather devastated by this change. Working with him has been the best experience of my career so far. I handle change very well, so I'm sure I'll be fine, but right now it's very emotional and hard.

The phrase from Nehemiah 8:10 came to my mind yesterday and that is what is carrying me through these tough days. "...the joy of the LORD is your strength." Truly our joy comes from the LORD and He never changes! That is what today's journal page expresses.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Timaree said...

The paints do work great. Love your page. Hope you get a new boss that's even better!

Unknown said...

It is so wonderful when you get a boss like that! I hope you get another one just as wonderful! Lovely page and perfect verse!

Janene said...

How great that you get to use your creativity on your job. Your journal page is very expressing. Interesting seeing the paints you use!

kazumiwannabe said...

The cards look great, and the journal page very fun and joyful - great colors!
I understand what you feel about your director's going away - it's always a little sad when something good is over...

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for your comments, and Deb, thanks for becoming a follower!!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch! Sounds like you really love your job and that's very good. So the gouache is in cake form in pans instead of tubes? Interesting. I may have to give them a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...