Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making and Filling Journals


Relaxing on the couch sewing journal signatures

A close-up of the stitching

And the results! 4 journals - now I'm ready to jazz up the covers and fill them!
















In the meantime...
Recent pages in my Hand-Book Journal:







































In the above sketch I was drawn by the swirls on the stage - so many curves - the instruments and their designs, the musicians, and the music...I'm feeling a rather abstract or expressionistic painting coming from this sketch.

And lastly, my resolution of yesterday below. I'll have to add color later - no time.



















Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Deborah,

I like your handmade journals and I LOVE your barns.

xoxo

CassandraRussell said...

Nicely done!

Cathy Holtom said...

I wish I had the patience to make such lovely sketchbooks.

Unknown said...

Great sketching. I should give up sweets too. oh and crisps. wine...

Amanda said...

Cool journals you made! I also like your drawings. :-)

eebeads.com said...

Great journals and great drawings. Would love to learn how you make your journals, paper you use, etc. They look wonderful.

Amy Schmucker said...

Yeah Deborah,

I wish you could convince my brain too about no more sweets. I am diabetic. We spent the day at the beach today. I wish I could have taken my journal, but not with two very active kids and lots of water and sand. I did find a great tea room that I can take my journal. As soon as school starts. Thanks for posting.

Amy

Unknown said...

Wonderful pages! Wow, do those sketchbooks look inviting!

Creatively Lisa said...

Deb, great job. I love the way your journals came out. I was trying to figure out how you do your stitching. I would love to be able to just get the journal blocks done in advance and cover them later. I do a coptic stitch on mine or I stitch them with a running stitch right into the spine of the cover. Any tips or tutorials would be greatly appreciated!

Ann said...

Beautiful journals! I was trying to figure out how you did the stitching too. Please show us! What kind of paper did you end up using? And your sketchbook pages are terrific too!

rrARTz said...

your journals are beautiful!

nanke's stuff said...

Your handmade journals look really great, and I love what you've done in them! Great job!! nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...