Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

On Making Journals

So many of you have asked for instructions on making the journals in my last post.  I don't feel comfortable giving you instruction as I am a novice myself.  I took a class at a nearby art supply store that closed shortly after my class.  The instructor was Kathy Vincent and she was great!  Her artwork is so fresh and expressive!

Here is the link to her website where she showcases her books: http://gallery.webfresco.com/kv/Books/

The stitch I learned is a PAMPHLET STITCH, 3-hole and 5-hole depending on the size of your book really.  It's a simple stitch.  I may attempt a video of myself stitching a book, but this is something I've never done.  Good reason to try something new maybe :-)

Thank you all so much for your comments and your interest!  Do visit Kathy's website!

2 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Had a nice moment browsing through your blog posts! You have a lot of inspiring ideas, and I love your use of color in your paintings!

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you, kazumiwannabe! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here! Come back anytime...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...