Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Day at the Lake

What a beautiful day at the Lake with my family! My favorite sketch of the day is of my daughter Grace on the float bobbing along behind the boat, having a ball!  Love this sketch...

 


Who knew that Claytor Lake had a lighthouse! Everybody else was performing antics in the water while I sketched during intervals between watching them... "Watch this, Mama!"...add another brush stroke..."Mama, look at this"... another brush stroke... "Deborah, watch this!"  Okay I will have to call it done!



Sketches at right above from the football game last night.  Our team won 45 to naught!!  Yeah Team!


And back to the lake today... a real RIGATA!  How beautiful all those white sailboats were against the backdrop of billowy soft, perfectly formed, summer clouds.



This was a warm-up sketch I did in the camper from a photo in Southern Living Magazine before we left to ride the boat.



A perfect day, documented with sketches and topped off with a camp fire roasting marshmallows before heading home.  And now I'm off to bed.  Night all...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

MHH said...

What beautiful drawings! I love your painting of your daughter, and of course love the light house. Looks like a fabulous time with family...what life should be, right?

Mary Hicks
http://vermongelin.blogspot.com/

Creatively Lisa said...

Such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation.

Anonymous said...

Great sketches and paintings. I love the lighthouse.

Debbie Eckmier said...

love your w/c sketches Deborah!

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you so much Mary, Lisa, Tami, and Deb for your encouraging comments!!!! Blessing, Deborah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...