Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Stress Reliever


I experienced again the truth of Picasso's statement, "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
Stressed and overwhelmed with so many different responsibilities at work, I went to the park today at lunch and painted. When I finished this sketch in my Hand-Book journal I felt brand new. Washed, refreshed, and ready to again face the day.
The inspiration for this sketch was a photo I took at a friend's house of the apples on their kitchen table.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Gina said...

Wonderful!!!

Timaree said...

It looks great. It's wonderful that you have a park within lunch distance from work.

Ann said...

This is a wonderful watercolor sketch! I love the colors of those apples.

Ramona Davidson said...

Beautiful work. How wonderful to be able to work on art during lunch.

arlene said...

WOW ! That is superb!
excellent creation!
hugs
arlene f

Lisa said...

Wow, those apples look yummy. It's so nice to be able to get away on your lunch and paint.

Unknown said...

Lovely painting and I like the idea of carrying photos to sketch from, with you, just in case you don't feel inspired by your surroundings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...