Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Sketching in the Park in the Rain


I'm experiencing this new and revised passion for drawing. I love the feel of the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II crayons. I've had them for a while, but haven't used them to their full potential, not even close. For the past few days I have hardly been able to put them down. I ordered more colors yesterday and can't wait until they arrive. This is a teapot I saw in the antique/consignment store. I took a photo with my digital camera and today at lunch in the park I drew from a printout of that photo.



I did the drawing above from photos of teacups I printed off e-bay's website. It's almost like sculpting to bring to life something on a blank sheet of paper. I love the feeling! Soft smooth watercolor crayons on the paper with nothing between you and the artwork - sort of primal and so wonderful I can't describe it!

I hope to add water and see what I get tomorrow.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Alissa said...

These are both great. I love the colour and angles of the tea pot!

Katy said...

Great drawings, Deborah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...