Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Today's Creative Endeavors

NOTE: Update on earlier post http://daloweartist.blogspot.com/2009/04/sketches-books-and-stuff.html - I am very sorry to report that the book I ordered from amazon.com "How to Make a Journal of Your Life" by Daniel Price, totally fell apart after only about 2 days of owning it. The pages came unglued from the spine and just began falling out. Very disappointing. A very poorly made book. I did finish reading it before I sent it back for a full refund. It was a good book, but I do not recommend it unless you can get a better copy. I am now reading Living the Creative Life and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it! So full of inspiration.

On to today's work...


Did this journal page right after lunch today. G2 pen and colored pencil. FUN little sketch!

"Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage." - Catherine Douzel


Tonight for supper I made homemade (from scratch) biscuits!!! and Gravy! This is only about the 2nd time I've made homemade biscuits. No biscuit is very good for you, but frozen commercial biscuits are full of things I can't pronounce, so these have to be better.
I was so very proud of how they turned out that I made a photograph and decided to share. Simple Country Life at its finest...



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Your biscuits look wonderful! Nice work all around...tea looks good too.

Carolyn said...

I love biscuits...homemade ones! But I know what you mean about them being "bad for us"...but aren't they good...especially with good old gravy. I was born in Roanoke...but live in NC now. If you're from Galax...do you know any dulcimer players around there?

Anonymous said...

Lovely spread - in more ways than one! I am not sure what 'biscuits' are for you - are they what we call 'scones' in the UK? (We even call them different things here 'cause some people use a long 'o' and some a short one!)

vickylw said...

I love your "homage" to tea --- great quote below the post also!

And yummy-looking biscuits! Homemade biscuits were the ONLY thing I knew how to cook when I got married 37 yrs. ago. All things in moderation . . . sometimes you just have to have some biscuits and gravy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...