Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Add Water



(See previous post from yesterday.) Tonight I added water to the Neocolor II drawings. I have fallen in love with these Caran d'Ache Neocolor II crayons that I have had for years! I can't really explain it, but the combination of drawing with a thick crayon and then painting it - I can splatter and soften and blend and it's not a watercolor and it's not a drawing. It's both - and I think it's awesome! I can't wait to get the new colors I've ordered; and I wish I had the time to draw everything in sight with these!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

winna said...

You're doing a great job---it's a different look and if it's fun that's a big plus for you!

Sandy said...

Fantastic just love it - I have to dig out my crayons!

Karen said...

These drawings look really great. I'm really liking the look of the neocolor II. I'm thinking about getting a set, just not sure which size set to get.

Florence's Art said...

That's a great idea. Draw on the spot and add the water later. Seems a lot easier than trying to take the water and paints with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...