Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Take 2


This is a redo of the previous sketch - see it at http://daloweartist.blogspot.com/2008/09/september-23-2008-2nd-day-of-fall.html. I just couldn't like the dark murky green background. So I put white gouache mixed with a little yellow and red in places and of course mixing with the green layer underneath. I do think it brightens the sketch a bit and keeps it from being a complete flop. Which do you like best; the first or second version?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Timaree said...

You did this with your turquoise tabletop too. I think you like your main object to stand out from the background. I like the deeper colors but then, I see how your center of interest pops when you tone down the area around it so I think you are doing it better this way.

Linda T said...

I like the 2nd version. And I like how you fill a page. Nice blog.

christygrant said...

Deborah, your zinnias are wonderful. I just love your art journal work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...