Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Catching Up EDinMay




Once again I am playing catch-up. But once again I managed to do it!!

#9 was drawn while at my brother-in-law's house. His girlfriend is an avid gardener and these are her New Guinea Impatiens. And "impatient" is what I was getting waiting for my husband to be ready to LEAVE. I wanted to go home! My dh has a '62 Impala that he built and he had stored it in his brother's garage for a couple of years. They were moving to a new location and dh was very thrilled and happy to be going to pick it up. I, however, was much less than thrilled about spending almost the entire day at their house when all I wanted to do was sleep late and - what else - paint. I did manage this quick sketch from her front porch and then shortly after it was time to leave at last!


# 10 was created from my imagination inspired by a trip to the antique shop where I saw lots of beautiful pitchers like this one and a set of brown Hull mugs. I messed up on the page at left, so I painted this blue acrylic paint over it and used a white Signo gel pen to draw the zinnia.

(# 11 got skipped in this post - I will get to it in a minute)


# 12 is from a photo of my zinnia garden of a couple of years ago. I LOVE this flower, and I can't wait to have a huge bunch growing in my yard this summer!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Adams Reed said...

I am lovin your Every Day in May Art! Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...