Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Turquoise Vase with Red Flowers

Finally, a post. My resolution to post every day has not worked out very well. Life has a way of getting in the way of our best intentions. But I love this very happy piece of art. It was spontaneous and fun and was more like play than work. Isn't that what art is supposed to be? Play. Fun.

I've struggled with this new style of mine ever since it evolved. It just came out of my hand and heart naturally, but it was so effortless and fun, I wasn't sure if it was "real art." So I called them "Doodles." An artist friend of mine told me that I was cheapening my art by calling them doodles. So I'm changing my blog name and I'm changing my attitude toward this new style of ART I've birthed. Looking at my art makes me smile. I hope it makes others smile too. Art is very personal and thank goodness there is no right or wrong, just honest self-expression.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...