Pages

Monday, January 29, 2007

Red with Turquoise 4


I suppose this is a continuation in the series of red with turquoise. I went to a Southern Living Show yesterday afternoon and was so inspired by all the shapes of the glasses and the pitchers and vases. Their pottery colors are red and turquoise - not as bright as my artwork - more subdued colors. I just can't bring myself to "subdue" a color. I know the rules - that grays make colors pop and you should have neutrals in a painting - but I just can't do it. My art is not really meant to be realistic, but to make you smile and say "wow - this is bright!" So here it is, # 4 in my red/turquoise phase...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mrana said...

I love the colours and the decorative look to this. You should seriously consider illustrating stories or doing cards with them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...