Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Busy End of Summer Days

One reason I haven't posted in so many days is because I'm too busy DOING to sit still long enough to blog!  I've painted my window casing bright red...took me about 2 weeks to finish it. 



These days are so very very busy.  I am rarely home and so today is a special treat.  A cloudy, cool, rainy day to stay home and be cozy.  I am looking forward to fall days.  Everything seems to calm down around this time of year.  Days are shorter and cooler and I always feel like my life kind of takes on a more relaxed pace.  I hope this fall is no different, because I could sure use a more relaxed pace.

Lately I've been on a book-buying craze (for lack of a better term).  I just can't seem to stop buying books!  Cheap, beautiful, enticing BOOKS!! 


"Books to the ceiling, books to the sky.


My piles of books are a mile high.

Oh, how I love them!

Oh, how I need them!

I'll have a long beard by the time I read them." -Arnold Lobel

This is only the tip of the iceberg!  My house is overrun with books, and all I seem to want to do is READ!!
I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and I'm currently working on a collection of sermons by John MacArthur, C. S. Lewis' The Four Loves, A. W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God, and yesterday I found Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey for about $7 with my AC Moore coupon! 

I've also been cooking a lot of Italian food after having finished Peter Pezelli's Francesca's Kitchen.  All these are highly recommended.  I think I'll go have some homemade spaghetti now following Francesca's easy sauce recipe... But first I will leave you with a few paintings/sketches I've managed to do:



Don't forget to sip some tea or coffee on this cool, cozy, September Saturday... Enjoy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Deborah,
Lovely sketches - Lovely books.
By the way - I'm having a lovely cup of tea and a nice biscuit righk now :-)
Stew.

Christie said...

You are achieving domestic goals and artistic goals at the same time - that's the balance I'm always reaching for. Love the window treatment, love the painting!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Love your free sketch and your use of washes....and your choice of books!

Kathy said...

I share your reading addiction and have read some of the ones you are reading now! Glad to see you're making time for your artwork too!

Ann said...

Your red window is fabulous! I just finished reading "The Help" too. And then I had to make fried chicken, cole slaw and chocolate cake! A book about Italian cooking could be seriously dangerous for me lol! I love the sketch and the tea cup painting :-)

Jennifer Edwards said...

OOOOHHH...love the line drawing and watercolor paintings! Hope you will be able to have time for more of those!

Alex said...

Beautiful line drawing, and very artistic and stylish way to draw the tea cups. Love them!

Melissa said...

Lots to love in your post! I am jealous of your red casing. The poem about books made me smile, as did your reading list. And then the treat of your drawings and paintings! Well done.

Sasa said...

Lovey tea cup sketches, so cozy!

Unknown said...

You have been busy! That's a beautiful sketch, are you going to paint that one too? Lovely paintings as well!

Timaree said...

Great pages in your journal and I totally love your red window!

DALowe Artist said...

Thank you all for your comments. I am thoroughly enjoying my red window :-) I hope to spend today sketching and be able to post more soon!

nanke's stuff said...

Great post! It was nice to see your red window and your lovely art work. I love the fall, too - it just feels so different and makes me want to do things! nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...