Pages

Monday, July 04, 2011

Not Your Typical...but a very wonderful Fourth of July Weekend

 My July 4th weekend trip: visiting a friend and her husband...Oh what a wonderful time!











Colored pencil sketches done while traveling in her "bookmobile" to bookshops and a book fair. The scenery was absolutely Gorgeous!!!

My friend thought my little tin of very short pencils was simply ingenious, so I must share it here.  It's a credit card tin I bought at a dept store and turned into a pencil case.  Inside are almost-used-up Prismacolor pencils that fit perfectly!  And the tin fits perfectly in my purse!


And lastly, I must share my huge selection of book treasures that I brought home with me.  This is not even all of them! I also got first editions of Corrie Ten Boom's The Hiding Place and Rosamunde Pilcher's Flowers in the Rain and Other Stories!  Splendid weekend!  Happy Fourth of July everyone!



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Great idea! I received a gift card in one of those tins...I should look for it and let the kids use it for their small colored pencils! Happy Independence Day!

teri said...

I love your traveling pencil set and enjoyed your post. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

The pencils are brilliant - I'm going to have to find an appropriate case for when mine start to get short. It'll be a great way to build a smaller traveling set!

Arlene said...

What a clever way to use your shorter colored pencils! This way you always can pop it into your purse whenever you are away for a day! I'm going to have to look for something similar. Going back now to read more of your posts!

Trece said...

I have a bunch of those books!! Both of the A. A. Milnes, all of the Stoddards and the St.James ones, but as individual copies. Looks like we have even more in common!!!

Cathy Holtom said...

I'll be on the look out for a small tin/container now, looks like a good way of using up short pencils!

Ann said...

What a clever way to carry colored pencils! And you make good use of them too. I love your sketch. It's very fresh and vibrant!

Timaree said...

Good idea for the old pencils. When mine get short they get lost in the carousel in which I store them. So I think I will find a tin and save the short ones for it!

Sounds like you had a fun holiday. Nice sketch of the countryside.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Can I come to your house and browse your bookshelves?

If your recent purchases are any indication, we must share even more in common....

I've been reading some Rosamunde Pilcher this summer... so enjoy her beautiful way of looking at life. Her stories make me want to be there too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...