Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Who Would Have Dreamed - Me a "Stylish Blogger" Award Winner!!


You know what I am? Amazed, honored, and humbled that Tracy Krauss would present me with such an award! Getting this made my day, especially given my current state of non-productivity where my art is concerned.  Thank you Tracy for your compliments and your confidence that my motivation will return! 
Actually I'm doing two jobs right now, so work is zapping me and by the time I reach my front door (actually I come in the kitchen door) I am pooped.

Okay I am instructed to list 7 random facts about myself; well here goes:
  1. I am pooped. (Oh wait, I think I said that already).
  2. I just bought a new laptop which I feel guilty about spending money on, but which I absolutely love!
  3. I have the most amazing daughter in the entire world. (No...really!)  Her name is Grace by the way - Amazing Grace -- hee hee
  4. I secretly love writing as much as I love art...some days even more.
  5. All I can think about just now is painting the rooms in my house, planting zinnias all over the yard, and going on a road trip to antique and book shops.
  6. I am going to a local auction Saturday in hopes of buying an antique rocking chair.
  7. I've decided I love the color combination red and turquoise for my kitchen, but I'm afraid to go for it and paint because I might grow tired of the turquoise. I based my whole decision on some placemats I found at the consignment store.
There you have it. Seven facts about me.  Or really seven random thoughts that came to mind as I typed.

Now to choose my seven blogs to receive this coveted award:

Ann Nemcosky would have to be the first person that comes in my mind. She is a homeschooler and artist whose work will inspire you to pieces:  http://nemcoskyart.blogspot.com/

Next is Jennifer Edwards who happens to live close enough to me that I can take her class in May!  She is an amazing person and artist who inspires me greatly; her newest blog http://drawn2be.wordpress.com/ and then she also has her original blog http://drawn2life.wordpress.com/, but you must meet Genevieve at the drawn2be blog! So stylish!!!

Dan Kent whose blog is not only stylish, but he absolutely cracks me up with his writing! http://danscanvas.blogspot.com/

Raena at http://raenassketchjournal.blogspot.com/ whose blog is so stylish and inspirational!

Laura Frankstone http://laurelines.typepad.com/ just take a look! 'nough said...

My friend, Timaree, at http://freebirdsings.blogspot.com/ who herself I think has to be stylish. She's just positive, encouraging and constantly busy learning new things and growing as an artist.

Last but not by no means least is Winna's World - http://winnasworld.blogspot.com/ oozes with style, this woman

Please visit each of these Stylish Blogs and let them know I sent you!

Tracy, again thank you so much for this fun award!

3 comments:

Timaree said...

Lol, well I was just awarded that award maybe two weeks ago! I passed it on to Jennifer and Dan also. I am honored you like my blog. Do go and read what I put as my seven, okay?

I think working two jobs entitles you to something like a laptop for yourself. Goodness, they are more like tools anymore, like buying a new iron or a new blender or vaccum!

Also, paint that kitchen and show befores and afters! So what if you get sick of turquoise after 10 years. It'll be time to try something new then anyhow. I think turquoise and red go really well together. In fact, I've journaled about dreaming of getting a tiny house (140 sq. ft.) and the colors I picked for the exterior were turquoise and red!

Tracy Krauss said...

Why so amazed? You deserve it! :)

summerland cottage said...

I enjoyed reading this post and when I came to the part where you said " I've decided I love the color combination red and turquoise for my kitchen, but I'm afraid to go for it and paint because I might grow tired of the turquoise." I say paint is inexpensive and makes a huge difference in a room. Consider doing a little drawing of your kitchen with colored markers using the colors off the place mats, you will have a much better visual & it would be fun, then you will know how to proceed.
Just suggesting...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...