Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Saturday Night Art Fun



My daughter and I worked in the studio until almost midnight last night! What fun! She made this wonderful collage on masonite and I did the paintings above.



Isn't this fantastic!!!





This is my favorite of my paintings, so I thought I'd put it in an individual photo.




Above is a new set up for 5 new paintings; I wanted to show how I did these. I took a canvas panel and taped down 4 or 5 5" x 7" sheets of watercolor paper. I work on all of them at the same time (for the most part). One sort of led to the other the first time around (see top photo). I started out with very tight drawings in my first two (you can see this in the pot of geraniums. They were from my imagination, but tight - I loosened up on the last two and kept going back in and working with all different media - watercolor, watercolor pencils, colored pencil, pen, and oil pastels - until I achieved the look I wanted. I plan to set up in a local festival this coming weekend and display these works for sale as well as demonstrate for three upcoming classes I'll be teaching this fall.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

winna said...

can't think of a better way to spend time with a daughter---both of you shine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...