Pages

Thursday, June 04, 2009

More recent sketches

I did this today in my new Moleskine. I have decided to make this moleskine strictly for DRY MEDIA. I went at lunch today (breaking my agreement with myself to buy no art supplies for a year) and spent around $3.50 on these two pencil (4B) and this kneaded rubber eraser to carry in my purse with the moleskine. I want these supplies to be with me at all times. I'm hoping to pare down my supplies that I carry with me to just these simple tools and see what happens. I do have a huge selection of colored pencils on my desk at work. And lots of pens. So I should be well-equipped.
This is a 5" x 7" gouache from my imagination/memory. I added colored pencil to further refine and define the shapes and to add texture and some brightness and contrast to the painting. The Pelikan gouache pans I have found very chalky. I think I used too much white mixed with them. They are very grainy paints.

This was done from my imagination, just doodling and playing one evening last week after work. The flowers on the cup are done with colored pencil. First I drew in graphite, added the black marker, and then splashed with watercolor.


Sketched this Wednesday, May 27 in a meeting and then added colored pencil later. This is on discarded letterhead paper. I like the texture very much for graphite and colored pencil.


The sketches on the right page were done in a meeting on Wednesday morning and the one on the left I doodled from memory while I was on the phone.



I did these drawings from my imagination/memory at my daughter's swim team practice tonight. Practicing and planning for later 5" x 7" bright paintings.









Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked seeing the different things you've done--got talent for sure!.....Winna

Shirley said...

I love seeing other artist sketchbooks. Yours are great - thanks for sharing....

Katy said...

I'm no expert, but I think you are on the right track with the Moleskine. I like your pencil sketches best of all of your work. Although the gouache painting is very nice!

In a later post, you recommend the Sanford Desgin Ebony pencils. I put them on my Blick wish list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...