Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zinnnia sketches in gouache


These are sketches I managed to do today while being very busy at the office. I couldn't resist using my new gouache and painting these zinnias. I picked these from my garden and brought them to work where I can look at them all day. Of course, the only problem with that is I cannot resist the urge to paint them. They are absolutely luscious. All the glorious colors.
I've mixed the gouache colors with transparent watercolor and there is also Inktense pencils and regular Prismacolors in there.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Baron's Life said...

Hello,

Love your sketches...very artistic and clean lines. Real nice

Berge
http://baronsview.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Beautiful! Colorful! Vibrant! You go, girl!!!

Katy said...

I love your flowers! You are developing a very distinctive style.

Anonymous said...

I love these, so fresh and colorful!!

Christie said...

Wow, wonderful -- makes me want to run out and invest in some gouache!

Lynn said...

They really are beautiful sketches! You captured the colors and vivacity of these flowers perfectly.

Quilt knit said...

Very fresh and bright! Love your approach.

Thanks for sharing.

((( Circle of Hugs )))

Sherrie Roberts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...