Pages

Tuesday, November 08, 2022

It's Been SEVEN years! An Update:

 I can't believe it's been SEVEN years since I posted on this blog.  So much has happened in that seven years!  Let me give you a quick synopsis:

  • I learned to crochet in 2016 and have been "hooked" ever since.  I crochet a couple of hours every night and on weekends, sometimes all day.  It is the most relaxing, anxiety-reducing activity you can possibly do and I highly recommend it!  I learned by watching YouTube videos and practicing - a lot.
  • I went gluten and dairy free in May 2017 after learning I was having a major inflammatory response to both.  I have felt better since than I've ever felt in my life - better even than when I was in my 20s! I plan to remain on this diet for the rest of my days. I feel too much better to ever turn back. 
  • Of course we all know about 2020 - whew what a year!  The year of the pandemic!  We will never forget that.
  • November 1, 2021, I became "Grammy Deb" to the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen - Nolan Thomas.
Of course during all these years, I have continued to create.  I think the discovery that most changed my artwork during this time was when I went to Walmart one day and bought a pack of spouncers.  I just saw them and thought - hmmm... what can I do with these.  That is when the "whimsical watercolor blooms" were born.  I went home and started with circles spaced sort of randomly on a sheet of watercolor paper - ust dipping the spouncer in watercolor and stamping it onto the page.  These naturally became flower centers in my mind. And years later, I'm still creating these paintings.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...