Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Faber-Castell Pitt Big Brush Pen sketches



Fun sketching one evening after work.


Pitt Big Brush pen and watercolor.


This pitcher sits on the top of my cabinets in my kitchen/studio. I drew this in the studio with my PITT Big Brush Pen - I was holding my sketchbook and so the lines are a little wobbly, but I like how it turned out. See photograph of pitcher below. I used gouache for the blue and then the white flowers are done with white Prismacolor pencil. The gouache gave a nice ground that held the pencil well. The watercolor background and table are done with Prismacolor watercolor (which is now Grumbacher) in Naples Yellow (table) and Sap Green mixed with Naples Yellow for the green. I love these colors - they're two I've never used before in this combination. The flowers on the table are done with, I think, a Nectar Prismacolor pencil.







5 comments:

Timaree said...

Great painting of the pitcher. Liked hearing how you did it. I didn't know Prismacolor is now under Grumbacher. I hope the quality doesn't change.

Prairiemouse said...

Great work friend. Loved stopping by and getting caught up. Hope to see you soon.

Odd Chick said...

Your sketchbook is delightful and you seem to have a great sense of composition and design. I appreciated the comments you left on my blog and the question you asked about C.S. Lewis lead me to look up the book and to my shock, I had put his name instead of Oswald Chambers who actually made the statement (they're both my favorite authors so I get them mixed up sometimes). Anyway, I corrected to blog posts thanks to you-

Katy said...

I love these! I have been thinking about trying out the big brush pens.

Barb Hartsook said...

I love your doodles and sketches! Some of my favorite things to do... what are Pitt pens???

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...