Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lunchtime sketch


I couldn't wait to get home and post this. This is an old abandoned house across from the park where I paint each day at lunch. I spruced it up a bit in my sketch. I used a limited palette of Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna, Lemon Yellow, Sap Green, Cerulean, and Quin. Rose. It's not so much "limited" as it is toned down from my usual BRIGHT palette. I'm enjoying using the more earth colors, or nature colors lately. I guess it's the summer landscapes. I drew the sketch first in Design Ebony pencil. I like the effect.

There is just no feeling quite like producing a quick, but fairly successful sketch during lunch time. Makes me feel like I've really accomplished something at the end of the day. I would like to make a sketch like this on location every day, just for the pure joy of it! I always sit in my car and sketch at the park usually. My car has served as my 2nd studio for quite a few years now. I have a system in place that is very comfortable. If I ever buy a new car, I'll be lost!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

seesue said...

What a delightful sketch! The cute little cottage with the perfect eve shadow and I love the way you have the tree colour seeping into the roof as coloured shadowcast.

Deb said...

What a beautiful job you've done on this cottage! It's like a storybook cottage.

Stephanie said...

how pretty! I would love to produce something so complete on my lunch time when I get back to work in a couple weeks. Hum... the car as a studio...I like it!

Timaree said...

Very nice. It looks bright enough with the palette you chose. It looks like a comfortable spot. Let's have our coffee outside please?

kazumiwannabe said...

This is lovely! You're doing great work in your second studio!

Michelle said...

And to think - all I accomplished during my lunch break was eating! I really like how serene this scene is. The colors are perfect.

Dorothy said...

Hi, I'm new to EDM and love it. I also sketch in my car in the park on my lunch hour.
I've not done anything worthy of posting yet..but I'm having so much fun. I just broke down yesterday and bought a camping chair. I finally put together a little w/c sketch kit in a bag that I like, after trying a few different ways to create a 'grab and go' kit.
Your sketch is terrific! Love the greens. Thanks for sharing it!

Katy said...

Hello Deborah! I just found your blog, and I love it! I'm new to EDM, and I'm a believer too.

Blessings,
Katy

Linda Jo said...

This is beautiful. You are incredible! I'm so glad you've joined us on Christian Paper Artists Yahoo Group!!

Unknown said...

VERY NICE water color sketch. Got your link from CPA and thought I would stop by and say "hi" (and I love to find new blogs to bookmark. :)

Anetka said...

Beautifull Job!! I love your lunch time sketches:) that reminds me that I have to go back to my lunch break sketches too!!!!

thank you for a reminder:))

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Welcome to CPA! Your artwork is lovely, full of color and life! It's beautiful how you glorify God with your gifts.I, too love to paint, but I only have one on my blog. So nice to "meet" you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...