Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2006

EDM Challenge 73_Mailbox

I finally completed a recent challenge! Draw a mailbox and write about the most important piece of mail... Uhmmm...

I am like a kid when it comes to mail. I love to see what's waiting for me in the mailbox. My favorite piece of mail recently was Cathy Johnson's CD Drawn from Life, An Artist's Journal. I love to order books or art supplies and then anticipate their arrival. My favorite magazine was The Artist's Sketchbook, but alas, they have ceased to publish it. I also get Country Living and The Artist's Magazine. I receive the InTouch Ministries monthly magazine as well. I am such a child and get so excited about mail, that my 10-year-old daughter Grace (who gets excited about going to the mailbox for me) has taken to hiding my most interesting mail under her shirt (sometimes tricking me to make me think it didn't come), and then surprising me with it when we get inside! LOL She likes watching me jump up and down and occasionally scream when it's something I really like.

Have you noticed that handwritten cards are especially meaningful in comparison to e-mail? I should remember that and send more. One of my favorite pieces of handwritten mail from friends or family was from a former art student of mine who had moved to SWITZERLAND. I got a wonderful letter from her with sketches included! I still have it and treasure it!

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lin said...

SO SO LOVELY, Deborah!! I love the setting as well as the mailbox!! And I agree -- I LOVE getting snail mail -- ever notice how much we order thru the mail just to have such a nice surprise?

Anonymous said...

You're a kindred spirit! I LOVE getting snail mail! Something about getting a newsy letter from a loved one or a dear friend; sitting down with a cup of tea (or iced tea these days...) and catching up on all life's happenings. An e-mail is nice too, but it's deleted in an instant.... no memories to cherish.
Wonderful drawing!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely rural scene Deborah. I can feel the warm sunlight.

Clare said...

Very nice Deborah, your mailbox stands out well with the background scene adding a softness.
I am a snail mail lover too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...