Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today's Lunchtime Portrait Sketch

my sketch in H-Bk Journal

My lunchtime sketch today in water soluble graphite...

It's my beautiful daughter - voted "best smile" last year...
The likeness is not quite right. Her nose is shorter, which of course
makes her whole face a little shorter. But for a lunch break, it's not half bad.
I even got her approval!
She said, "I like it when you sketch me, it makes me happy."

It doesn't get much better than that!!!!!!!!! original photo


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Dan Kent said...

I think it's a great sketch! Love what you do with those water soluble pencils. And portraits are so tough - great when you actually have the subject liking it (even if she is your daughter) - my experience is that relatives are the worst of the lot to draw! :)

Trish said...

great sketch!!

Pooja Srinivas said...

She's very pretty. You could still recognize it's her in the sketch and you've got the smile just right :-)

nanke's stuff said...

Very good likeness of your beautiful girl! No wonder it makes her happy when you draw her! nancy

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Wow! You did a great job with this portrait. Your daughter is very pretty.

Ramona Davidson said...

Good job on your painting and your determination and desire to do your daughters portrait. Nice use of a lunch break.

Alex said...

oh yeah! I see a lot of similarities there. I mean, it doesn't have to be exactly accurate dimensionally, just the features alone would count a lot!
It's a beautiful sketch and she's got the smile of an angel. =) I am sure it's not just her who love the sketch!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! And I see why she was voted best smile!

Anonymous said...

Seems a good likeness to me! I like the way the portrait stands out against that dark background. I am not surprised that your daughter is pleased!

Lesley Purcell said...

Your daughter's comment is lovely, no one else can top that really! Great portrait.

Amanda said...

Ahhhh that is neeeeat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...